THEN SINGS MY SOUL

This Blog is about one of my favorite things; Gospel Centered Music.



Music is ONE of the simplest forms of learning. Often we are taught entire sermons through just one song.

“Music,is one of the most forceful instruments for governing the mind and spirit of man.” -Gladstone

I am comforted, strengthened and inspired through music.

I love music, and want to share my testimony through the music that inspires me.



Please comment as you wish, and let me know how music inspires you. Make suggestions on what song you'd like to hear, or talk about.



I am going to make it a goal to select a new song each Monday and post it here. I hope as we journey through this we can grow together and live a more Christ centered life.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 48: Lux Aurumque by Eric Whitacre



This is a very unique video of a Virtual Choir singing an AMAZING piece of music,
Written and composed by Eric Whitacre. Since I have place to share it I put it here.

I have included a translation of the words below.


Lux Aurumque (Light and Gold)
Light,
warm and heavy as pure gold
and angels sing softly
to the new-born babe.
Edward Esch
(Translated to Latin by Charles Anthony Silvestri)

The words are so simple, the music is so beautiful, I hope the music fills you with light today.

I wanted to post a talk here about the power of music.


Inspiring Music—Worthy Thoughts


“Through music, man’s ability to express himself extends beyond the limits of the spoken language in both subtlety and power. Music can be used to exalt and inspire or to carry messages of degradation and destruction. It is therefore important that as Latter-day Saints we at all times apply the principles of the gospel and seek the guidance of the Spirit in selecting the music with which we surround ourselves.” (Priesthood Bulletin, August, 1973.)



There is so much wonderful, uplifting music available that we can experience to our advantage. Our people ought to be surrounded by good music of all kinds.
Parents ought to foster good music in the home and cultivate a desire to have their children learn the hymns of inspiration.
The time for music lessons seems to come along when there are so many other expenses for the family with little children. But we encourage parents to include musical training in the lives of their children.


“Music,” said Gladstone, “is one of the most forceful 


instruments for governing the mind and spirit of man.”



No comments:

Post a Comment