THEN SINGS MY SOUL

This Blog is about one of my favorite things; Gospel Centered Music.



Music is ONE of the simplest forms of learning. Often we are taught entire sermons through just one song.

“Music,is one of the most forceful instruments for governing the mind and spirit of man.” -Gladstone

I am comforted, strengthened and inspired through music.

I love music, and want to share my testimony through the music that inspires me.



Please comment as you wish, and let me know how music inspires you. Make suggestions on what song you'd like to hear, or talk about.



I am going to make it a goal to select a new song each Monday and post it here. I hope as we journey through this we can grow together and live a more Christ centered life.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 41: Oh, Be Joyful in the Lord by John Rutter



O Be Joyful In The Lord!
*****
O Be Joyful In The Lord All Ye Lands
Serve the Lord with Gladness
And come before His presence with a song
Be Ye sure that the Lord He is God
It is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves

We are His people, and the sheep of His pasture
O go your way into His gates with Thanksgiving
And into his courts with praise!

Be thankful unto Him
And speak good of His name
For the Lord is gracious
His mercy is everlasting
And His truth endureth
From generation to generation...

O be joyful in the Lord all Ye lands
Glory be to the Father
Glory be to the Son
And to the Holy Ghost
As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World Without End!....
************************

When the Savior walked the earth, He taught these words of hope and encouragement:
"...rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. " - Luke 10:20


*I love the baby at the end!! HA HA!!


I have never heard this song, but it was what I needed today. 
Problems and choices this week have weighed me down.
I simply forget one thing.


This is a Gospel of Joy!!!!!!!


God is a God of peace and love.
He is watching over me.
HE KNOWS MY NEEDS.
He knows the burdens I may carry.


http://lds.org/new-era/2011/08/choose-goodness-and-joy?lang=eng&query=joy

Choose Goodness and Joy


“Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy” (2 Nephi 2:25). But we sometimes forget that it’s really true. We are meant to have joy, which means to be genuinely happy, in an eternal sense.
Our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to have many opportunities to learn and grow. To do that, He provided a wonderful world that He declared to be good and gives us the opportunity to choose goodness and joy. We know the commandments are to bless and help us, but we don’t always remember they also help us have joy.

“All Things Shall Work Together for Thy Good”

In Doctrine and Covenants 90:24, we’re taught, “Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted.” We see the word good again. Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things will work together for your good.
In choosing good, we also have the opportunity to become our best selves. Once, many years ago as a teenager, I didn’t see some things the same way my parents did. During one exchange with my father, I realized certain things I could say might sound smart, but they wouldn’t be true and would be hurtful. I realized I could choose not to say those things.
That was an important lesson for me. I realized that I could choose what I said and that it felt good and right not to talk back in a hurtful way. We can be better, and making good choices can help. As we do so, we feel good because we know we’re doing the right thing—and we can feel joy.
Please remember, we can choose to be good, to learn, and to believe. Heavenly Father knows how all things will work together, and He knows how all things can work together for our good. That’s a great promise. It’s also my humble testimony.
As we choose to learn new things, the Lord can use the things we learn to bless others.
When we live as obediently and faithfully as we can, we allow the Lord to prompt us toward opportunities to find and experience joy in our lives.
~This is just what  I needed today, I have been really struggling lately,
A reminder of the "good news" of the Gospel,
JOY IS MEANT TO BE-
...wallowing never did anyone any good!

No comments:

Post a Comment