THEN SINGS MY SOUL

This Blog is about one of my favorite things; Gospel Centered Music.



Music is ONE of the simplest forms of learning. Often we are taught entire sermons through just one song.

“Music,is one of the most forceful instruments for governing the mind and spirit of man.” -Gladstone

I am comforted, strengthened and inspired through music.

I love music, and want to share my testimony through the music that inspires me.



Please comment as you wish, and let me know how music inspires you. Make suggestions on what song you'd like to hear, or talk about.



I am going to make it a goal to select a new song each Monday and post it here. I hope as we journey through this we can grow together and live a more Christ centered life.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Week 43: We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet




"We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet" Hymn #19

1. We thank thee, O God, for a prophet
To guide us in these latter days.
We thank thee for sending the gospel
To lighten our minds with its rays.
We thank thee for every blessing
Bestowed by thy bounteous hand.
We feel it a pleasure to serve thee
And love to obey thy command.

2. When dark clouds of trouble hang oer us
And threaten our peace to destroy,
There is hope smiling brightly before us,
And we know that delivrance is nigh.
We doubt not the Lord nor his goodness.
Weve proved him in days that are past.
The wicked who fight against Zion
Will surely be smitten at last.

3. Well sing of his goodness and mercy.
Well praise him by day and by night,
Rejoice in his glorious gospel,
And bask in its life-giving light.
Thus on to eternal perfection
The honest and faithful will go,
While they who reject this glad message
Shall never such happiness know.

Text: William Fowler, 1830-1865

Music: Caroline Sheridan Norton, 1808-ca. 1877

Relevant Scriptures: D&C 21:1-5; Mosiah 2:41

~ I felt the need to share this song today.
I was able to attend a regional Conference that was broadcast from the Dee even center in Ogden. Our stake was invited to go.
What an incredible feeling that comes every time I have seen the Prophet.
I am filled with a certainty that the Prophet is called of God.
I can feel that HE is a man worthy to lead us, and I know that He is the mouth piece of the Lord.
As we sang the words to the song I was not only struck with Gratitude for the Prophet in our day but with words of the music.
The Lord's guidance is in our lives with the words of the Prophet.
We are not alone. We do not need to walk in shadows of darkness.
There is a light to follow on this earth today.
I encourage you to read the words to this hymn.
It applies to so many of us in our lives.

I am thankful for a prophet, but on a more personal note.
I am more grateful to know that God loves me, (us) enough to have here on this earth a personal guide for me.
That he is invested in my return to Him.
He cares for me enough to help me FEEL that I am not alone.
There is a Prophet guiding and directing all of us, the entire world. We are not left to grope through the darkness with out light. We do not need to wonder what is right or wrong. We can know it.
I wish everyone could feel and know that President Monson is a True Prophet of God. The Prophet in our day to guide the lambs of His fold back to God's presence.  We are truly blessed to have that knowledge and I feel blessed to feel and know of it's truth more then ever today!
I doubt not the Lord nor his goodness!!!  HE loves me!


No comments:

Post a Comment