THEN SINGS MY SOUL

This Blog is about one of my favorite things; Gospel Centered Music.



Music is ONE of the simplest forms of learning. Often we are taught entire sermons through just one song.

“Music,is one of the most forceful instruments for governing the mind and spirit of man.” -Gladstone

I am comforted, strengthened and inspired through music.

I love music, and want to share my testimony through the music that inspires me.



Please comment as you wish, and let me know how music inspires you. Make suggestions on what song you'd like to hear, or talk about.



I am going to make it a goal to select a new song each Monday and post it here. I hope as we journey through this we can grow together and live a more Christ centered life.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 33: How Will they Know




How Will They Know? 
"Children’s Songbook of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 182–85
1. How will they know, the ones for whom we care,
That God is love and with us ev’rywhere,
That life is good, with blessings all can share?
How will they know unless we teach them so?
2. How will they learn that, though they go astray,
God will forgive and help them find the way?
How will they feel the Spirit day by day?
How will they know unless we teach them so?
How will they grow in wisdom and delight?
How will they choose to follow what is right?
How can they trust the future will be bright?
How will they know unless we show them?
How will they live when they at last are grown?
What will they give to children of their own?
Will they reflect the values we have shown?
How will they know, as on through life they go?
How will they know unless we strive to teach them so?
(Optional descant 2d verse only).
How will they know That if they stray
God will forgive and help them find the way?
How will they feel the Spirit day by day?
How will they know unless we teach them so?
Words: Natalie W. Sleeth, 1930–1992
Music: Natalie W. Sleeth, 1930–1992. Arr. by A. Laurence Lyon, b. 1934, and Natalie W. Sleeth
© 1985, 1989 Sonos Music Resources, Orem, Utah.


Deuteronomy 6:5–7

5And thou shalt alove the Lord thy God with all thine bheart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy cmight.
 6And these awords, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine bheart:
 7And thou shalt ateach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt btalk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Isaiah 54:13
13And all thy achildren shall be btaught of the Lord; and greatshall be the cpeace of thy children.


~ I am so grateful for the choices that I have made in my life. For the times when the spirit guided me away from things that would have harmed me and potentially my own family.


I am so blessed to have been raised in a home with the Gospel being taught. This is why I know 
the things that I know and have the testimony that I have. I am so grateful that My children have so many wonderful leaders and family around them that will help me to teach my children the things that will help them have the strength to follow God's commandments, and return home to Him someday.


I know that I am blessed to be the Mother of 3 beautiful children, but I see the forces that are working against me and my family. The world around us is full of evil things that could destroy our home. The forces of good are also here, helping us to be stronger, to fight harder and to protect us as long as we are doing all we can to gain that help.


I hope that in this time I have with my children I will help them to feel the love of Christ every day.
I hope and pray to be able to teach them the truth and the happiness that is available to them. 
I rely on my Father in Heaven to guide me as I guide my children. Somehow I learned this lesson too. My parents, grandparents, siblings, and all the leaders that I have learned from have brought me to this place, where I am now responsible to teach MY CHILDREN the things that I know.  The leaders and teachers in my children's lives provide for me such a wonderful support that they have no idea of the love and appreciation I have for them. 


I love my children, and I love the children I teach in Primary, I feel honored to be a part of the growing testimonies of the children who, one day, will be leaders, parents and examples to others.


Teach the children, this is a calling never to be taken lightly, a calling of great value.
We have been charged with this mantle, these are HIS children, and we their guardians.

May we be the leaders, parents and examples that the children need, if we are not we need to work to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment