THEN SINGS MY SOUL

This Blog is about one of my favorite things; Gospel Centered Music.



Music is ONE of the simplest forms of learning. Often we are taught entire sermons through just one song.

“Music,is one of the most forceful instruments for governing the mind and spirit of man.” -Gladstone

I am comforted, strengthened and inspired through music.

I love music, and want to share my testimony through the music that inspires me.



Please comment as you wish, and let me know how music inspires you. Make suggestions on what song you'd like to hear, or talk about.



I am going to make it a goal to select a new song each Monday and post it here. I hope as we journey through this we can grow together and live a more Christ centered life.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 34: Every Breath by Jenny Phillips





his hands are
catching your tears
and even without any words
he hears
you feel so far
but he's right where you are
and he knows

[chorus]
every breath
every pain
he knows your heart and
he knows your name
the giver of life
light in your soul
oh come home
come rest
let him bless
your every breath

silence your voice and be still
and even without any words
you will feel
you think you're far
but he lives in your heart
and he knows

[chorus]

there's nowhere you can go
that he hasn't been below



D & C 88:6
He that aascended up on high, as also he bdescended below all things, in that he ccomprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the dlight of truth;


Isaiah 53:4  
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.


D&C 19:16-19

 16For behold, I, God, have asuffered these things for all, that they might not bsuffer if they would crepent;
 17But if they would not repent they must asuffer even as I;
 18Which asuffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might bnot drink the bitter cup, and shrink—
 19Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook andafinished my preparations unto the children of men.

~ Leaning on the Savior in times that we really need is one way to use the atonement that has been offered to us.
I am still always trying to use it in my life. It is difficult to remember that he loved us so much that he died for us. ALL of us. Allowing our souls to be healed by him as we make the changes in our life will always help lift us. He has suffered that we do not need to suffer alone. He has indeed experienced all the heartache and pain that we have. For this I am grateful. I am NOT alone.

2 comments:

  1. I love that song! I have a friend that is in the Jenny Phillips choir. She has loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the song. It's very touching. I love the arrangement with the pipes. I love the images they used. Let him bless. My two year old has taught me volumes with his testimony of blessings, his memories of Jesus, his love of the Savior. Thank you for this Amy.

    ReplyDelete