THEN SINGS MY SOUL

This Blog is about one of my favorite things; Gospel Centered Music.



Music is ONE of the simplest forms of learning. Often we are taught entire sermons through just one song.

“Music,is one of the most forceful instruments for governing the mind and spirit of man.” -Gladstone

I am comforted, strengthened and inspired through music.

I love music, and want to share my testimony through the music that inspires me.



Please comment as you wish, and let me know how music inspires you. Make suggestions on what song you'd like to hear, or talk about.



I am going to make it a goal to select a new song each Monday and post it here. I hope as we journey through this we can grow together and live a more Christ centered life.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 36: You'll Never Walk Alone



When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk

You'll never walk
You'll never walk alone.



R. Rogers/O. Hammerstein II

    ~ As strong as I think my faith is, there are truly times when I have to really test that for myself. It is so easy to say to someone else, YOU NEED TO JUST TRUST THE LORD. There certainly times where that is hard to apply that to your OWN life, Or it is easy when life is easy.

Recently, I have had to make a very difficult decision, in which I think I knew the answer due to many promptings. Knowing the answer was actually the scary part to me. Once I told myself that I already knew what was the right thing. I had to face what it meant for me...
TOTAL TRUST IN THE LORD. 


All logical answers out side of the spirit say it can't be done. But how do you ignore the promptings you feel. Acceptance of the answer didn't initially
 bring peace, not this time. As long as I didn't follow the promptings I didn't have to do the hard things that would be required. Suddenly, I have to ask the question of myself, "Do I have what it takes to do what is required?" "Because this is from HIM, I must now do it, HOW?"  That is fear, (not of God). It meant I had to let go of the controls. I had to stop thinking about the obstacles and the challenges and STOP doubting and BELIEVING that HE will help me to make it happen. To get through this. SO, this was why the peace was not there, I was afraid to loose the control that I thought I had of my life.
....The scene from "What about Bob" comes to my mind, when he straps himself to the boat and says, "I'm sailing, I sail....I just let the boat do all the work that is my secret. I am a sailor" Bob had to overcome fear and let go of controlling everything in his life to "SAIL" 


It is so easy to have faith in HIM when you are just sailing along and there is no wind against you and the wind is pushing you Gently, THEN you see the waves rise above you. You see no light, it gets dark and all you have is the light house in the distance. It seems hopeless. And you plead to make it safely through the storm. 

~That is when your Faith is tried...I could certainly not do what is required, and continue to sail smoothly. "The waves are too powerful, the light house too far"  "No one sails through a storm, why should I?" 


Matthew 14:24-32

24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.
 25 And ain the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
 26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
 27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of goodacheer; it is I; be not afraid.
 28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was aafraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little afaith, wherefore didst thoubdoubt?
 32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

~I know the answer and I would be accountable if I did not do what was required of me.
But this will take ALL the TRUST and FAITH that I have. I just pray I have enough.
"I have to let the boat do all the work"  and CAST OUT MY DOUBT!
~ DO I TRUST THAT HE WILL BE THERE TO HELP ME DO AS HE HAS ASKED OF ME?

No comments:

Post a Comment