THEN SINGS MY SOUL

This Blog is about one of my favorite things; Gospel Centered Music.



Music is ONE of the simplest forms of learning. Often we are taught entire sermons through just one song.

“Music,is one of the most forceful instruments for governing the mind and spirit of man.” -Gladstone

I am comforted, strengthened and inspired through music.

I love music, and want to share my testimony through the music that inspires me.



Please comment as you wish, and let me know how music inspires you. Make suggestions on what song you'd like to hear, or talk about.



I am going to make it a goal to select a new song each Monday and post it here. I hope as we journey through this we can grow together and live a more Christ centered life.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 37: Families Can be Together Forever



1. I have a fam’ly here on earth.
They are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them through all eternity.
2. While I am in my early years,
I’ll prepare most carefully,
So I can marry in God’s temple for eternity.
Chorus: Fam’lies can be together forever
Through Heav’nly Father’s plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can.

This last month commemorates the My mother's passing.
She passed away on August 21st, 1997.
Oddly enough, I didn't remember this until half-way through the week, 3 days later.
It is strange though that I always get a tinge of sadness around that time, and I dont' even realize why until I think about it.
My mind was preoccupied with other things that day. You may have noticed in my last blog.

I miss my mother, often. I wish  could call her up on the phone and hear her advice.
Or just chat, or get her recipe for butterscotch bars.
Every time I have a baby I go through a very heavy grieving period. I wish she could have held my babies.
I get through it with pain and prayers, but I miss her the most then.

I am just grateful for eternal families. For temples and for the knowledge that I WILL SEE MY MOTHER AGAIN.

I have been fortunate in some moments of my life to be able to feel her presence. Those are sacred and cherished times. I know that she is busy and cannot always be with me. I am sure she is teaching music, or a lesson on the other side.
She had the most beautiful alto voice, sometimes I can hear her humming in my mind. Or I remember her tapping to the music of the stores as she sifted through the greeting cards.  It embarrassed me then, but now it brings a smile to my face.

She was an amazing women, she had the most contagious laugh, that you could hear on the other side of ZCMI  where she worked for many years.

Our relationship when I was younger was not the greatest, but I am sure it was typical of many. As I grew older and (DUMBER, not wiser) My mother became a wonderful friend. I regret that friendship took so long to create.
I would sit for hours on her bed talking and laughing (and eating almond rocas)- as my dad would come in and out of HIS room stating he needed to go to bed, and would eventually go to sleep on the couch up stairs, giving up. He did not know then, that that time would be so treasured to me. Thanks Dad.
I draw on those times for comfort when I miss my mom.

I did not post a talk with this week's blog.
I wanted to share with you the gratitude I have of eternal families.
How happy it make me to know that this is not the end of our relationships on this earth.
What an amazing gift to us all.
We are so blessed.

Thanks for being a part of this small corner of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment