THEN SINGS MY SOUL

This Blog is about one of my favorite things; Gospel Centered Music.



Music is ONE of the simplest forms of learning. Often we are taught entire sermons through just one song.

“Music,is one of the most forceful instruments for governing the mind and spirit of man.” -Gladstone

I am comforted, strengthened and inspired through music.

I love music, and want to share my testimony through the music that inspires me.



Please comment as you wish, and let me know how music inspires you. Make suggestions on what song you'd like to hear, or talk about.



I am going to make it a goal to select a new song each Monday and post it here. I hope as we journey through this we can grow together and live a more Christ centered life.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Week 35: In My Daughter's Eyes, by Martina McBride



I am taking a little liberty this week, and pulling away from a church song or artist.
I am dedicating this to all the Mothers and Daughters that are following this blog.
I am also dedicating this to my Own little girls.

I hope you enjoy this week's blog.
When I first heard this song I fell in love with it.
I think that my Oldest Daughter was just a few years old.
It brought a bundle of tears to my eyes.



Here is a video of a wonderful example  of Young Women and a relationship that a mother can have with their Daughters.

I have been concerned about the teen years of my Girls, the moodiness and the hormones, and all the trouble that is in the world that they are in.
Their safety spiritually and physically, I pray that I am teaching them now the beauty of goodness, kindness and righteousness.

But I just pray that I can be a mother who is there for them.
That they can trust me.
That I can be an example of goodness, to them.
I look forward to talking to them about their lives.
In watching them grow, but as for now I feel so lucky to just be here with them now.
I feel blessed to have the daughters that I have.
I will make it a goal to hug them and love them more.
As someday they too will be mother's, It is up to me to show them what that means.

I Pray for strength to be that kind of Mother that God hopes for me to be.
I hope that you too can hug your daughters (and your sons) more.
Love them more and show them what a true HERO is!
YOU CAN BE THEIR HERO!

No comments:

Post a Comment